- We now have money set aside for our first campus.
- That’s $237,000 toward our goal of $350,000.
- We’re doing our homework to prepare for campus.
- Talking with local and national leaders who are multisite experts.
- We’re looking at a relatively close area (10-15 miles away) where we have an existing base of attenders and LifeGroups.
- Continuing to seek the Lord for guidance!
- Please pray with us that the Lord will show us WHERE to launch, WHEN to launch, and WHO will be our first campus pastor.
- Earlier this year, we found out that a couple from Texas (who is not connected to Cuyahoga Valley Church) decided to make a donation of their own. So now, between what we as a church have committed and this very generous couple, the entire cost of the translation project is covered.
- As of March 31, we have paid $169,259 towards our $250,000 commitment.
- Books of the Bible:
- Team One—
- Genesis is complete.
- Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Ruth, and Ezra are well under way.
- Deuteronomy, Joshua, and Judges are in the beginning stages.
- Team Two—
- Matthew and Mark are complete.
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians and 1, 2, & 3 John are being completed.
- Luke and Romans are in the beginning stages.
- Team One—
- “This is the very first time I have read the Word of God with a clear understanding because it is written in my language! I do not really understand the Scripture in the national language.”
- Several Bible study groups in the main town have been using pieces of brand-new translated Scriptures and they can’t wait for more of God’s Word in the language they understand best!
- Please continue to pray for the translation teams!
- All that remains on our mortgage note is $201,874!
- We’ve been able to do this through the UNLEASH contributions and through additional payments out of our cash reserves. The plan is to pay off the loan completely by July 1, 2018, which is when the mortgage note is due. Obviously, we do not want to refinance, especially with such a small balance, so we are essentially reducing our cash reserves to pay off the loan quicker. Once the note is paid off in July, we will replenish our cash reserves with the UNLEASH contributions. Better to pay Cuyahoga Valley Church back, rather than giving it to the bank.
- Please pray for our leadership as they pray through and plan for how to re-channel that money into reaching the next generation for Christ!
Stay tuned! We’re planning to have a membership meeting in July to give additional updates everyone on UNLEASH.
What We Still Need TO DO.
We’ve made a lot of great progress towards our UNLEASH goal. THANK YOU!
Don’t forget, we still have a ways to go, about $611,000, so please continue to follow through with making your UNLEASH contributions so we can finish strong.