by Lead Pastor Chad Allen
How can we practically take steps to worship fully at Christmas? Here are a few ideas for you.
- Make sure you are in the Bible each day focusing on God’s word.
- Check out our Advent Conspiracy resources for a Scripture reading plan, Memory Verses, weekly devotions, and an activity calendar.
- Make a birthday cake to Jesus and sing happy birthday to Him.
- Make a playlist of Christ-centered Christmas songs and carols to listen to daily – and sing along with them!
- Go find a live nativity to experience.
- Invite others who don’t know Christ into meaningful moments and conversations.
- Find several ways to bless others who are in need financially with food/resources in the name of Christ.
- Spend time with those who are hurting this year because of a recent loss.
- Have your kids read the Christmas story while setting up the nativity.
- Read the Christmas story first thing on Christmas morning.
- For one night (or more), unplug from all technology and social media. In a world full of noise, be intentional about quiet time.
- Give to the CVC Advent Tree, supporting global causes for Christ.
- Use some of the money that you would spend on Christmas to go to a local restaurant and leave a nice note and generously tip a server working on Christmas.
- What if we hung around hospitals and gave encouraging notes, coffee, gifts and offered to pray with people in the waiting rooms, and if they let us, in the patients rooms?
- Serve in a local organization or ministry that directly impacts hurting people on Christmas. One of CVC’s “Big 10” ministries, a mission, a street ministry, Ronald McDonald House, Christmas for everyone, etc.