Dear CVC Family,
As you know, the situation with the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) is fluid and changing rapidly. We are committed to doing whatever we can to provide a safe environment for you and your family. While God has not given us a spirit of fear, He has called us to love our neighbors and to contribute to the welfare of our community. Exercising caution is not only wise, but it is a tangible way of expressing love toward others.
Toward that end, the following decisions are being made:
SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICES
We will NOT be gathering for services this Sunday, March 15 or next Sunday, March 22. Instead, we will offer a video feed at 11:00AM on our website and on our CVC Facebook page. We encourage you to worship at home with your family, friends, or small group. As a LifeHouse, you can even invite a neighbor to join you.
We will continue to monitor the situation and make a decision about Sunday, March 29 by Thursday, March 26.
This was a very difficult decision for us, but we have been guided by two very important factors: (1) Honoring our governing officials and (2) loving our neighbors, especially those who are particularly vulnerable to COVID-19.
OTHER ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS
We are cancelling all onsite activities effective immediately through Saturday, March 28. This includes onsite classes and events such as Seek Week, the God Cares training, onsite LifeGroups, Explore CVC, Baptism class, and Planning for Your Future (Estate Planning) workshop. This is not an exhaustive list. If you have questions about a specific activity not listed here, please contact our front desk at 440.746.0404. Many of these activities will be postponed to a later date.
Our building will remain open during regular office hours (9AM-4PM) for those needing care and support during this time.
As a church family, here’s what we can do in the meantime.
- Pray that God will intervene and stop the spread of this global pandemic.
- Pray for those who have already been affected by this disease.
- Pray for those who are working on a vaccination for this disease.
- Pray for the ones who are caring for those affected by this disease.
- Pray that CVC and churches worldwide would shine the light of Christ especially in the weeks and months to come.
- Watch our Live Stream service this Sunday morning at 11AM on our website or on our CVC Facebook page. If you miss the Live Stream, you can watch later on our CVC Facebook page or at cvconline.org/series/.
- Gather with your family and friends to pray, encourage one another, and worship together.
- Serve those who are in need! Be a LifeHouse to your neighbors—bless those who are experiencing unusual hardship because of this disease. Do you know someone who could use a meal? Are there single parents who need childcare while their child’s school is closed? There are plenty of ways that we can bless those in need right now.
- Give your tithes and offerings online at cvconline.org, using our CVC App, by texting “Give” to 440.827.2454, or through the mail.
- Share your faith in Christ! People are fearful right now. It’s understandable that people are anxious, but we as Christians can take comfort in knowing that God is in control. We can have peace during these times because He is sovereign over ALL. Be light, be salt. People are more open to spiritual conversations when life is uncertain, and we have Good News to share!
Remember that WE are the church…church is not the building we gather in on Sundays. This is a huge opportunity for us to show the world how and why we trust Jesus especially in dark times. There is power in the church gathered AND there is power in the church scattered.
We’ll keep you updated at www.cvconline.org/coronavirus.
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.” John 14:27